Tuesday, October 18, 2005

BlackCT Web Conference

Sorry, I missed the beginning of the event.

Carol Vallone talking now...

I certainly hope that this videostream is not symptomatic of what we can expect with the merger! I've barely been able to hear one whole sentence. Methinks this might be a bad omen...

BB and WebCT will continue to compete against one another till the merger takes place.

That was the most disappointing audioconference I've ever seen. Did anyone else have more luck with it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard all of it and quality from the UK [of the webcast] was great. I did capture most of it on my video phone for colleagues here, but to be honest, there was nothing in it that would be worth me loading the file for. Exact schmooze from the emails, followed by three canned questions along the will Bb continue to be supported in the meantime, answer yes....

SkyDaddy said...

Ditto what Kate said. I missed the first two questions due to a phone call. Based on the rest of the session, I didn't miss much. Too bad. I'd hoped someone would ask a sharp question or two.

Boy, that ##KEYWORD!## spammer really makes the rounds! :-p

Laura said...

THanks, Corrie, for the blog. That's what I'd expected, but I had hoped for something a bit more enlightening.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the other posters. There wasn't much to it. It was sort of a begrudging love-fest.

As for for the audio/video quality, I was able to see and hear quite well.

I did record the news conference in MP3 format and have posted it at:
http://personal.ashland.edu/~rspears/BlackCTmerger.html

It's not "must-see TV" (or, in this case, "must-listen to" audio).

Randy Spears
Assistant Director of Instructional Support
Ashland University

Anonymous said...

Looked like a pair of salespeople hawking their next new product. Wait a second, they WERE salespeople hawking a product that they can't tell us about. Take our word for it: it will be as innovative as we've been in the past. SHUTTER